How to use RSSNewsTicker with yacs?
RSSNewsTicker is a new (beerware) ticker applications for displaying RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds, you can click on any feed item and go straight to the link!
- Feeds: (in the Options dialog, Feeds tab)
- Add/Remove feeds
- Enable and disable feeds
- Customizable feed fetch interval
- Display status of feeds
- Support for RSS versions 0.90,0.91,1.0 and 2.0
- Import and Export feed lists in opml (allows interoperation with other RSS applications and can import ompl feed lists from www.newsisfree.com)
- Support for basic authentication (URLs with the format http://username:email@example.com/rss.xml will use the username and password provided in the URL if the server requests basic authentication
- GUI: (in the Options dialog, Options tab)
- Change ticker background and text color
- Change ticker font
- Change ticker position; top and bottom only at the moment
- Change ticker speed and opacity
- Change feed description length
- Click on a feed to load the item in the default browser
[title]How to setup this stuff?[/title]
1. Download the software package from http://www.rssnewsticker.com/ and start the installation process.
2. Right click over the ticker ribbon, and select the Options command.
3. Select the Feeds tab. Right-click over the list of feeds, and select the command to add a feed. Type a title and the URL of the selected RSS feed from your web site. For example, the main RSS feed at YetAnotherCommunitySystem is at http://www.yacs.fr/yacs/feeds/rss_2.0.php